Tis the season for romance… Nights by the fireplace and crisp morning walks leaving footprints in the frost. With a chill in the air, it’s the perfect time to warm hearts with your winter wedding.
Imagine an enchanted Narnia-themed wedding in a magical forest of icicle laden trees…or a Christmas-themed wedding with festive gingerbread trees amd brightly coloured edible baubles.
Our 2-in-1 personalised cookie placecards are a fun icebreaker and will get your guests warmed up and talking. Gingerbread has a natural association with the tradition and timeless themes of winter.
Here are a few more ideas for creating a wintery themed wedding;
- Keep your colour scheme soft to match the fallen snow around you. Whites, soft blues and lilacs crispen the atmosphere and set the scene.
- Add elements of spice and warmth through your centrepieces, flowers and decorations. We recommend browns and reds to add a little heat.
- A fire will keep your guests toasty so candles should be a plenty.
- Enchant your guests upon arrival… Have your bridesmards cast confetti snow as you make your dramatic entrance.
- The richer the better – fine wine, dark chocolate teams well with spicy gingerbread bomboniere.
- Don’t forget your gown – strong lines and soft hues teamed with a wrap cardigan will have you looking stunning and keeping warm too!
- Greet your guest with the best champagne and serve a feast to remember.
- Don’t forget winter is the time when wedding reception venues offer competitive packages allowing you to put more into the styling of your winter wedding.
For information on Gingerbread Folk cookie placecards, houses and trees, head to www.gingerbreadfolk.com.au and for inspiration, we recommend visiting this wonderful Winter Weddings site by one of our followers.